V Walk (“the mall”) is run by the Sun Hung Kai Real Estate Agency Limited. It is the policy of the mall to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong. We also strive to ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
We safeguard information provided by our members, mobile application (“App”) users, and website users (“User”). With the only exceptions that personal data may be collected in relation to the services of membership application, membership renewal, membership/account maintenance, email registration, club activities and the giving/collection of opinion online, and the IP address of the computer used to visit our website may be recorded, we do not collect any personally identifiable information from User while they use the App and website, and no personal data is collected, unless specified. This information is used only for preparing general statistics on the usage of our App and website.
The collection of any personal data collected will be subject to our Personal Information Collection Statement. Personal data is stored securely in our system and we will take all practicable steps to ensure that personal data is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the data is or is to be used. Only trained, authorized staff shall have access to the data, and we do not release personal data to parties outside us except as set out in our Personal Information Collection Statements. User has the right to request access to and correction of their personal information in accordance with the procedure set out in our Personal Information Collection Statements.
We may, from time to time, send direct marketing materials promoting products and services to User based on their personal data, but suitable opt-out mechanisms are provided.
We make every effort to protect the privacy of User, but given the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee perfect security.
This Personal Information Collection Statement sets out the purposes for which the information provided by you as a User will be used following collection, what you are agreeing to with respect to our use of such information and your rights under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486. This statement may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. When you complete the application form to join our membership and/or services by submitting thereon or each time you log in to this App and website and use its services, you agree to be bound by the statement in force at that time.
User may be asked to provide with personally-identifiable information such as name, contact number and email address. This is necessary to provide User the various services and activities offered on this App and website. You, as a User, are not obliged to supply the data, but if you do not, the services and activities will be unavailable.
IP address of the computer used to visit our website may be recorded.
Information collected is used for the followings:
- providing the services and information relating to such services to you including any renewal or recurrent services thereof;
- processing billing and payment;
- monitoring use of the App and website to help its further development;
- compiling aggregate statistics about our users to analyse App and website usage;
- collecting data for identity verification and record and maintaining contact lists for correspondence;
- creating accounts for User who intends to register with the services offered on this App and website and maintaining such accounts;
- registering membership for User who intends to join The Point and maintenance of the membership;
- identifying and verifying identity and/or eligibility of the User who uses/used and/or applies/applied for the services offered on our App and website and/or by The Point;
- researches and/or analysis by V Walk, The Point and/or participating SHKP Malls including Kwun Tong apm, Tseung Kwan O East Point City, Sheung Shui Landmark North, Kwai Fong Metroplaza, San Po Kong Mikiki, Mongkok MOKO, Shatin New Town Plaza, Tseung Kwan O Park Central, Tai Po Mega Mall, Tsuen Wan Plaza, Tuen Mun V city, Causeway Bay WTC, Yuen Long YOHO MALL and Yuen Long Plaza (collectively “SHKP Malls”) and/or Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited and/or any of its subsidiaries or associated companies (“the Group”);
- meeting any requirements to make disclosure under any applicable law;
- any other purpose which an applicant or member may from time to time agree;
- communicating with User in respect of matters related to or arising from the use of the services offered on this App and website and/or by V Walk and/or The Point;
- providing information related to by V Walk and/or The Point including the products, facilities, services and other privileges, benefits and other advantages from time to time offered by the Group or Third Party Service Providers to User and rallying and arranging for the same to be provided (see also Use of Information in Direct Marketing);
- evaluating and improving the facilities, services and/or products offered by by V Walk and/or The Point and/or SHKP Malls;
- facilitating communications between User and by V Walk and/or The Point and encouraging feed-back from User on their needs and expectations of facilities, services and/or products offered by by V Walk and/or The Point and/or SHKP Malls;
- in order to determine the User’s eligibility to any products, facilities, services and other privileges, benefits and other advantages offered by by V Walk and/or The Point and SHKP Malls and consider what may best suit User’s needs, comparing User’s personal information with all personal information concerning User previously provided to the Group;
Use of Information in Direct Marketing: We intend to use all information provided by you as a user including your name, contact details and all other information which may assist us to understand the goods and services which you might be interested in, for delivering the aforesaid information and conducting direct marketing including products, services, advice and subjects in relation to the followings: Hong Kong and worldwide properties including residential, offices, commercial and industrial buildings, shops, hotels, shopping malls and the events therein, theme park and observatory deck, property management, construction, insurance, financial services, telecommunication, information technology, transport infrastructure operations and management, port business, transport and logistics, waste management, educational, recruitment, reward/loyalty/privilege programmes, corporate social responsibility activities, charitable and non-profitable causes. We also intend to, and in this regard you consent to, transfer and provide the above mentioned information to the subsidiary and/or associated companies of the Group and the Third Party Service or Product Providers through whom the Group's and / or Third Party’s products, facilities, services, privileges, benefits or advantages are provided inside and outside Hong Kong for the said purpose. We may not so use or provide the said information unless we have received your consent. Your consent may be communicated to us without charge at the time when you provide such information through our website or by writing to our Data Protection Officer.
Members' personal data will be kept confidential by SHKP Malls but we may transfer or disclose such personal data to our contractors under a duty of confidentiality to us who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, data processing or other services to us in connection with management, operation and maintenance of the system with the purpose of personal data collection.
You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486). Any data access request or data correction request may be made to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 45/F Sun Hung Kai Centre, 30 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
We will share with you the latest information about SHKP Malls, The Point and V Walk which might interest you. Should you not wish to receive direct marketing material and/or information from The Point and V Walk, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us in writing to V Walk and/or The Point’s Data Protection Officer at its office situated at 45/F Sun Hung Kai Centre, 30 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, or by email to email@example.com
Please be assured that even if you have chosen not to receive our direct marketing materials, we shall continue to honour your membership and you will continue to enjoy the benefits conferred accordingly thereunder. You can still learn of our offers on our website or notices at the various venues under the Group.